Saturday, May 24, 2014

It is Never Too Early to Plan for Disney World

We knew we wanted to go back to Disney World as soon as we left from our last trip. But is a year or even more too long in advance to plan? I thought I was the only crazy one until the other day I saw a Facebook post asking how long people planned their trip ahead. The answers ranged from a minimum of five months up to 18 months ahead.

But is this necessary? Not necessary, but wise. Here are some of our reasons. My wife and I are both teachers, so our choices are either during school breaks or the hot summer. The best summer deals are in late August, but my wife and I have to prepare for the new school year at that time. So if we go at Christmas or spring break, we have to pay a premium and also book ahead to get a reasonable flight. This becomes magnified if some or all tickets are on points. It is, however, important to consider that some Airlines only book about six months ahead.

The other consideration is the 180 day ahead rule for booking character meals and any other Disney restaurants. For the breakfast in Cinderella's castle or Chef Mickey's, or a dinner at the California Grill, you have to reserve 180 days in advance to guarantee that you will get in. And finally, if there is a specific hotel you want to stay in, especially during peak times, you have to book far in advance. 

So there are lots of reasons to plan early...even a year or more ahead sometimes! I have already started looking through some guidebooks, including The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids which I will be reviewing in the next few weeks. This book also has a Facebook page which I follow along with WDW Hints, another good one.

For more posts about planning for Disney World with kids check out my full blog athttp://atwinsdad.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment